Friday, February 7, 2014

Bob and the VP

So, our plane is delayed out of Palm Springs. As most of you might know, wherever we would go, Bob would run into someone he knew. In our early years of boating, we would come into a dock, it might be  Friday Harbor or it might be Gig Harbor but there would be someone (often a woman) waving to us as we dock. Still, today, it happens but not on a dock.  Anyway, we are in the bar at the Palm Springs airport and because there are so many people there waiting for the plane to arrive or get fixed or for whatever reason the flight is delayed......there is only one vacant seat in the bar and it has a briefcase on it.  Bob goes up to the man next to the briefcase and asks him if his wife could sit there. When Bob sees his face he says "I know you. Linda, come here  we know him" and I think, "It is someone from the Yacht Club or neighborhood." Bob is saying to me, "Linda, we know him", and I say "Of course, you are the Vice President" and shakes my hand. He says, "Hello, I am Al Gore."  Then, I say, "No you are not, you are Dan Quale" He laughed, then left and gave Bob and I his two seats.  Even, to this day, although the trips out of the house are only to Virginia Mason, we are constantly running into people that have a link to Bob.

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

OMG, totally Baab! Was it Gore or was it really Quayle???

Bob/Linda/Stokes said...

It was Quale